I base the cost for editing on the number of pages rather than using an hourly rate. You will find some editing houses that charge per page, some that charge per hour, and some that charge per word. I believe the per page method is the most cost-effective and easiest to justify.
Current pricing is $6.75 – $7.25 per page and is assessed once all formatting requirements have been applied (e.g., margin requirements, double spacing, etc.). A 50% deposit is required at the time of agreement and full payment is required before I can return the document.
Turnaround time depends on the length of the document, though 5-7 business days is typical. Rush services are offered for an extra fee based on availability.
- APA formatting (APA 6 or APA 7)
- Reference list and corresponding citation verification
- Grammar, spelling, punctuation, mechanics, and usage
- General suggestions regarding flow and content (no writing of new content)
- Formatting the document based on the school’s dissertation requirements (or journal requirements)
- Minor table formatting
- Microsoft Word features (e.g., Table of Contents, page numbering, Table of Tables, etc.)
- Creating title pages if necessary